Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Book Talk Tuesday// From Deities

 From Deities by Mary Ting 

(Descendant Prophecies #2)

From Deities (Descendant Prophecies, #2)What was it about? 

A mysterious stranger enters Skylar’s inner circle, throwing her life out of balance. As secrets are revealed, she learns of the New Olympus; a dwelling for the descendants of the Gods. The Grand family must strive to work together with these descendants to discover the key to their rescue from the clutches of the growing evil vultures of Hades. As the threat increases, Skylar must learn to control her newfound powers before it’s too late.

What did I think?

I don't know what it is about books lately, but I have really been dragging my feet. I breezed through the first book of this series so fast. I loved it and I got hooked. I was hanging off every word written and this book... I don't know. I can't tell if I'm just not into the book, or if it's just my mood lately, but something is keeping me from going beyond the halfway mark and finishing it.

(spoilers beyond this point)

Skylar's dad is back! WHAT? The same man who left out of no where when she was a kid is back saying he loves her and wants to be apart of her life. That was a twist I wasn't expecting.  He says he left to save her, but now that he knows she is like him, he wants to help.

From Gods (Descendant Prophecies, #1)Not only is Skylar dealing with daddy issues, but her powers are evolving, and fast. I'm only just starting to scrape the surface of what is going on with her, but it sounds pretty crazy. I am hoping I will have more down time to sit and focus on this because I have faith in this book. I really do. We will see what happens!!!

here's a link to the first book of the series if you want to check it out!!

Well, that's all for now
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment