Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Book One of the Premonition Series

Inescapable by Amy A Bartol

Inescapable (The Premonition, #1)What is it about? 

   My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me–my freshman year of college. I’d been hoping that once I’d arrived on Crestwood’s campus, the nightmare that I’ve been having would go away. It hasn’t.
   I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I’m grounded…sane. I look for rational explanations to even the strangest circumstances. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he’s near, I feel an attraction to him–a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you’re thinking…that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would be…if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I’m the worst thing that has ever happened to Crestwood…or him. But get this, for some reason every time I turn around he’s there, barging into my life.
   What is the secret that he’s keeping from me? I’m hoping that it’s anything but what I suspect: that he’s not exactly normal…and neither am I. So, maybe Crestwood won’t be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I’ve been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is…inescapable.

What did I think?

   I loved it! Maybe it's just because I am a sucker for these kinds of books, but I have read a few paranormal romances involving angels, and I think this series it one of my favorites! (so far at least) If you liked the Twilight series or the Significance series you will probably like this series as well.

Here's what happened in the first book. Spoilers ahead.
   Evie Claremont is starting her first year Crestwood University. Upon arrival she meets her soul mate, Russel. (an adorable country boy, oh how I love my country!) She also meets Reed, a boy she can't help but be drawn too no matter how much he tries to make her leave. Thus start the love triangle. 
   Reed knows there is more to Evie than even she is aware of. He has never seen another creature like her, the only problem is he can't decide if he wants to kill her or protect her. 
   The first book is all about Evie and the beginning of her transformation. She's part human part angel, and has inhabited the best parts of both species, a divine being with a soul. Having a soul makes her a target for all angels, the good angels don't understand her and the fallen angels want what she has. She falls into a trap when her so called best friend threatens the life of Russel. Evie tries to heal him before he completely fades, but by doing so she takes on his injuries. Which leaves us with these questions.
  1. Can she heal from the life threatening injuries Russel sustained
  2. If she lives, who will she choose the angel or the soul mate
  3. If she lives, what are the consequences for saving anothers life. 
   Something I really like about this book is that it breaks up angels into different levels. Just like our military has different ranks, so do angels. Cool!
So far I have seen:
Reapers (the lowest rank for angels) 
Cherubs (I haven't seen any in the book yet, but I swear Reed mentioned them)
Archangels and Power Angels (Can't recall which was higher rank, I think Archangels are higher??)
Sepharim (The closest to god and the highest ranking angel)

Well that's all for now!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment