Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Book Two of the Premonition Series

Intuition by Amy A Bartol

Intuition (The Premonition, #2)What is it about? (good reads description)

   I don’t open my eyes so I can’t see him, but I can smell him. He thickens the air I breathe, choking me with his scent…his aroma. I shiver. I have to resist. If I’m not strong, then I will be relegated to the same fate as this predator whose sickness infects me even now. But now, I crave him and he knows that; he has been counting on my need to end the gnawing pain. How he would savor my surrender. I’m alive, but how much longer will it take until I beg him not to be?

What did I think?

I loved it! I love this series! The way Amy writes is perfect. The last author whose series of books I read were good but this series.. the drama, the chase and the fights it is all so great! I couldn't stop reading the entire time. Not to mention the sexual tension between the characters. Ah, I'm in heaven. Or no, I mean I'm in Paradise! 

   Evie is still trying to figure out what exactly she is but now the Divine angels know about her. In order to try and save the angel's that have become her family, her and Russel run. Living on their own they are trying to control their evolving while hiding from the divine, the fallen, Reed. But now there is a new foe to hide from, vampire like fairies! What?! its so crazy. Evie is a magnet for drama.
 
   Last time when I talked about the first book I started talking about the rank of angels. I haven't been able to figure out the exact order of ranks but I'm getting a clearer idea. Here is my latest guess from top to bottom:
  • Seraphim- Red hawk like wings (they are god's right hand, the highest of the angels)
  • Cherubim- Blue hawk like wings (Guardian to souls in paradise, keep records about sins)
  • Power Angels- Grey, green and brown hawk like wings (Soldiers/ Warriors)
  • Arch Angels- White hawk like wings (Watchers of humans)
  • Reapers- Colorful insect like wings (Reap the souls of humans. Divine reapers (butterfly wings) take them up to paradise (heaven), fallen reapers (dragonfly wings) take them down to Sheol (hell)
I have also come across a Virtue Angel and Nephilim in the book.. I am not sure where they fit into the ranking yet but here's what I do know:
  • Virtue Angel- Brown, cream and caramel owl like wings (Assists with miracles from prayers and bestows gods blessing)
  • Nephilim- White hawk like wings (half male Arch Angel and half of a human woman) Evil giant creatures with no soul. God destroyed them by creating the great flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment