Monday, March 16, 2015

Transitioning From the Cold Winter Slump

...and I'm back!

 So sorry for the time away. I had just been in some kind of strange mood where I just didn't want to do anything but eat, work, sleep and repeat. I shut out my friends, I shut out my family and I had just been a complete bum. Poor Ryan, I feel bad for him for having to deal with that nonsense. The worst part was I knew how I was acting and yet I couldn't find the drive to change it. I knew that I was being ridiculous and that just made me more upset and caused me to shut down more.

 Well I decided to make a change. I needed to get out of this funk and force myself to move, so I decided to try and focus on completing the 21 Day Fix. Today was my day 1 and so far im going strong!

This is not a diet. It is simply portion control and it comes with a great workout! They give you containers (color coded for different food groups) and a Shakeology Shaker Cup.

Explanation behind the colors:
Green- Veggies
Purple- Fruits
Red- Protiens
Yellow- Carbs
Blue- Healthy Fats
Orange- Seeds and Dressings
Shakeology Shaker Cup- Drinks

I didn't buy the Shakeology program. The DVD set that I bought just included the cup. I am using it for water and breakfast smoothies.

I really think this is going to be good for me. First off, being healthy never hurt anyone. Second off, it will give me a goal and give me something to keep my mind on instead of wondering to deep dark places. I am so ready to be out of this funk and 21 day fix will be my fix! :)

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment