Saturday, November 8, 2014

Our Books to Read List

   There are a bunch of books that I really want to get my hands on. I pretty much love all books, but I tend to gravitate towards the easy "vacation reads". My problem: my favorite thing about books is also the worst thing about books. When you have an over active imagination and you find a great writer who has the ability to pull you into a book emotionally you are just setting yourself up for utter heartbreak and disaster. You feel like your world is crashing and then you come back to reality and everyone around is clueless. I needed someone else to understand how I felt, so I started a book club! I'm super excited because a few of my friends jumped on board right away and are helping this idea actually happen!!! We just had our first get together to talk about what we wanted to do and a few bottles of wine later we had everything planned out! We are going to have a list of the books we want to read, and I will cross them off / add more as we go!
Here is our list so far:
(click the title for a description of the book)
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
Gone Girl

Before I go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
Before I Go To Sleep
 
The Fault in our Stars by John Green
The Fault in Our Stars

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
The Best of Me
 
Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz
Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1)
 
My Life With The Walter Boys

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Outlander (Outlander #1)
 
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
 
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Thirteen Reasons Why
 
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)

P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
 P.S. I Love You
The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris
The Fine Art of Pretending (The Fine Art of Pretending, #1)

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo, Sonja Burpo, Colton Burpo
Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
 

No comments:

Post a Comment