Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Book Talk Tuesday- The Home Series

   Book Talk Tuesday is here! I know there are a million book blogs and a thousand other things you could be doing other than listening to me babble on about a book, but if you have the time and take anything away from what I am saying here. Pick up the home series! It's predictably cheesy at times and yet utterly heartbreaking and I fell in loveeee with all the drama these cahricters go through. 
Far From Home (Home, #2)   First off. I finished the second book. Far From Home. The ending was crazy. I did not see it coming. I should have now thinking back to the events that happened, but in the moment my mind was blown. I was crushed I was feeling what Riley was feeling and it was devastating.

What was the second one about?
   When Riley Regas moved from Boston to the small town of Carver, Kansas, she never expected the turn her life would take. She never thought she could be happy in Carver, especially after the betrayal she endured at the hands of someone she thought she loved. She was wrong. 
   It’s been six months since everything changed. Six months since Jesse stepped in and saved her. Six months since she realized she’d been in love with Jesse all along. Six months of happiness and Riley can’t wait to take the next step in her life with Jesse at her side. 
   But one night changes everything and the life she envisioned with Jesse is turned upside down. Jesse has always been there for Riley, and now it’s her turn to be there for him. Will the love they fought so hard to find be strong enough to see them through this or will it ultimately tear them apart? 

Carry Me Home (Home, #3)   I'm on the third book Carry Me Home and about 90% done. I should have it all wrapped up by the end of the day. Heck, I should have it done within the next hour. I said it before and I will say it again I loved this series. It was such an easy read, but omg did it tear you apart. I couldn't put it down. Trust me I got three hours of sleep last night cause I was glued to my kindle.

What was the third one about?
   Returning to Carver hasn’t been the same since Jesse left, but after almost four years, Riley Regas has gotten used to it. She’s picked up the pieces after he broke her heart and has moved on. Evan has shown Riley how to love again, but when she comes home for the summer before her senior year of college, Jesse’s unexpected return causes everything she’s worked so hard to put behind her to come rushing back. She can’t deny she still feels something for Jesse, but how can she forgive the way he left her and what about her future with Evan? With her past and present colliding, what life will she choose and will Riley ever truly find happiness? 
   The third book in The Home Series, Carry Me Home, tells the final chapter in the story of Riley and Jesse, which began in Last Train Home and continued in Far From Home. Come back to Carver, Kansas for one more installment of small town love and friendship and see how the story ends. 

Here's what I thought. (spoilers beyond this point)
   Book Two- Jesse's dad died. HE DIED! Megan Nugen Isbell killed him off and left Jesse on his own and fighting with feelings he shouldn't have to deal with at that age. Obviously this is something that can happen in real life. I'm not completely oblivious, but it doesn't make it any less sad. If anything it makes it worse, putting yourself in the shoes of children, or for that matter anyone, who has to go through the loss of a parent is tragic.
   To make matters worse his dead beat mom that abandoned him at the age of two comes back. She claims she heard what happened and wants to help. Reality, she want a pay cut of what ever she can get her hands on. Horrible, horrible lady, every one saw it coming. Riley, her mom... me! but of coarse Jesse ignored it. He wanted to see the best in her which I get. But there was none and once she learned she wasn't getting any money she split leaving Jessie all alone, once again. That last loss was too much. He was pushing people away, making poor decisions and treating people poorly and he couldn't do it any more. He decided to join the Marines and with that leave all of Carver behind, including Riley. Not only did he break up with her, he did it in a letter! I stinking letter!
   Book Three- Three years later, Riley has finally moved on. She is dating a great guy, Evan. She is getting ready to go into her senior year at school. Her moms getting married, her dad just had a baby, everything is great! Until she goes home on summer break and runs into Jesse. The way Megan Nugen Isbell wrote it she made time stop. Literally. Once the scene was over I released a breath I wasn't even aware I was holding. It was intense.
   From there its a little love triangle that Riley and Jesse always seem to find them selves it. This is the part you can pretty much predict. You know Riley and Jesse are going to end up together, you just don't know when. I feel for Evan, he was sweet and supportive but he just wasn't Jesse. I Loved these books, the struggle and the relationships were amazing! Kudos to Megan. They really were great easy reads!

1 comment: